We are a dynamic company, with a distinct culture, where ideas and passion are welcomed and you get real responsibility from day one. We like people who are smart and independent, but we don’t like ego.
Every role promises adventure and reward. You will travel to or live in fast- paced and energetic markets among the most exciting to do business in today.
We are a for profit business that respects low-income families as savvy, discerning customers. We build local teams that foster learning and we support growth and development.
Our recruitment process is rigorous, but it has helped us build an impressive team that shares a strong bond. If you match the profile we want to hear from you.Say hello and send in your CV
ROLE: SDE II
REPORTS TO: Principal Software Engineer
TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
At BIMA MILVIK we’re striving to disrupt how health solutions are delivered to customers.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of millions of people through our products and building a team one can be proud to work with. We set goals and objectives and offer advice. We empower our engineers to find solutions to problems at great scale. We trust them to use their time wisely.
Our teams are solving unique and interesting problems in markets that offer diverse opportunities as we scale and expand at scale. We’re growing incredibly quickly, and we need experienced technical managers to help us scale.
We are looking for SDE II who are well rounded quality conscious, product thinkers and not mere coders. If you are excited about fundamentally re-imagining healthcare access, impacting the lives of millions of peoples across the world then this is the role for you. You will be helping grow BIMA MILVIK’s digital health platform by building cutting edge solutions that provide each access to each individual.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive discussions to improve product across teams wherever there are inter dependencies across products.
• Write performant and unit• tested code.
• Develop object• oriented models and design data structure for new software projects.
• Translate high level business problems into scalable design and code.
• Define APIs and design and implement end-to-end services.
• Mentor junior engineers on software design, coding practices and TDD strategies and form a holistic mentoring plan for Mentees.
• Work across multiple initiatives to develop an all-inclusive vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
• Establish an incremental implementation strategy to maintain flexibility while maximizing speed of delivery.
• Set guardrails, principles and practices for delivery of digital and cloud first commercial support systems.
• Review and improve on existing systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies to seek continual improvement for existing systems.
• 3-5 years of strong Individual contributor experience as a Software Engineer.
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Strong understanding of micro services architecture.
• Experience of Agile methodologies and experience in deployment.
• Deep expertise in at least one programming language like Java and tech stack to write maintainable, scalable and unit-tested code.
• Strong object-oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class level interfaces.
• Substantial experience in building large and complex business applications.
• We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies like (Java, Hibernate, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, SpringBoot) and don’t believe in one size• fits• all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
• You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
THE BIMA BEHAVIOURS AND VALUES
It is critical that candidates can fit with our culture and values, so you will need to be able to demonstrate evidence of:
• An ability to collaborate with others and work in a diverse workplace where you respect others point of view
• An ability to listen, respectfully challenge and take ownership of issues
• Being a learner who sees feedback as an opportunity to improve and is always looking to develop and self-improve
• Working in a way that considers customer experience and customer value-add and puts these at the centre of the work be it with respect to product or process development
• A clear understanding of the need to serve internal customers within BIMA and a desire to help others succeed and develop